Tuesday 20 March 2012

Big Chocolate Chip Cookies

Something simple but just as tasty for you today. Mainly because I’m really very hungover (perils of being a student) but also because I’ve been meaning to do something in the biscuit family for a while. These cookies remind me of coming home from school and the kitchen smelling like chocolate chip goodness. Usually they had been made for something else but that never stopped us eating them. They’re really easy and quick to whip up if you need to appear like a domestic goddess in half an hour.
First off I just want to mention that this came through the post on Saturday.

I was having a bad (hungover) morning and when I opened the package I swear I cried a little bit! It was a free gift from Sainsbury’s because my mum bought me a magazine subscription. It’s relevant anyway because I think this cookie recipe is one of Mary Berry’s. I don’t actually know because I wrote it into my recipe collection. I apologise for the laziness today but I just took a picture of the recipe and instructions because I can’t really be bothered to write it up…



It’s a basic all-in-one method. Combine all the ingredients using a wooden spoon and try not to eat too much of the cookie dough. I actually halved the recipe because I only had a half bag of chocolate chips and didn’t want to venture into the world to go buy some more.





My oven at university basically hates me and burns EVERYTHING on the bottom so I was a bit lapse in judgement with my first batch and put them straight onto a lightly buttered baking tray. As you can see from the photos they came out with black bottoms. For the second batch I put baking parchment on the trays and the actual oven rack to see if I could avoid burning them too. They came out slightly better but I think it’s fair to say that I’ll stick to making these in my fan oven at home!

I personally like these cookies the day after they’ve been made because they go lovely and soft. It looks like I’m going to be eating a lot of them because I can’t give burnt cookies to my friends or my reputation will be tarnished! (I think I’m still a bit drunk)

1 comment:

  1. I bought the Baking Bible for my mum for mother's day. The cookies look great I may force her to make some for me xx

    ReplyDelete