Wednesday 6 June 2012

Cherry oat squares


Another recipe from June’s Good Food (last one I swear.) These were really quick and easy to make and made a lovely pudding with some custard if you fancied it.

Ingredients

140g butter, melted

100g self-raising flour

175g caster sugar

175g porridge oats

1 egg, beaten

100g glacé cherries, halved

50g dark chocolate

Heat the oven 170C/gas mark 4. Butter and line a 22cm square tin.

Mix together the flour, sugar and oats into a large mixing bowl.

Melt the butter in a pan. Add the egg, cherries and melted butter to the flour mixture and combine completely. Pour the mixture into the tin and spread evenly with a fork. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.



Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack. Mark it lightly into 16 squares. Melt the chocolate over some simmering water and drizzle over the squares.

I think my dieting parents are either going to throw me out the house or ban me from the kitchen soon. I am apparently being an ‘enabler’ by baking nice things for them. Sounds like I’m a drug pusher but with cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment