Tuesday 5 February 2013

Sticky Toffee Pudding


First of all this is a date-free recipe because although I do enjoy a juicy date (hah), who in their right mind would put them in a PUDDING? Also I baked this in a tray bake which was clearly a bit silly because it was really thin and long instead of fat and short. It would be much better in a square tin. It all tastes the same in the end though so who cares? Also Soz was a bit too busy eating it to take many photos.

I apologise for the general lack of recipes at the moment, but I have something silly like ten weeks to write another 20,000 words, so excuse me because while I am obviously weeping into cake, I really can’t be arsed to blog about it. (Watch this space come May time when I will have finished my degree, and will quite likely be an unemployed graduate, baking to pretend like I have a life post-uni.)

Ingredients

190g plain flour

120g light muscovado sugar

1 ½ tsp baking powder

Pinch salt

120ml milk

2 eggs

6tbsps melted butter

2tsps vanilla extract

For sauce:

120g butter

200g soft brown sugar (or whatever you have really)

250ml double cream

Preheat the oven to 170⁰C. Lightly grease a square tin.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.




Stir in the sugar.





Melt the butter on a low heat.







In a jug mix the milk, lightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter.





Add to the flour mixture and fold until smooth.





Pour into the tin and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cake is firm on top. And yes I do mean firm, you’ll know what I mean when you give it a poke.





For the sauce melt all the ingredients over a gentle heat, stirring frequently until the sugar has completely dissolved.


Serve up the pudding with the sauce, and some hot custard if you’re fatties like us.




My first ever baking blog post was on Valentine’s Day last year. If you’re interested you can see my recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes here.  Don’t expect a recipe this year though, I’ve fully planned in advance to be hungover and miserable next Thursday, ‘cos that’s how we do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! We've recently launched the site www.Recipesup.com, on our website you can promote your blog Through facebook,twitter.com and pinterest. I invite you to go and take a look. Your blog will be in the top rank of Recipesup blogs. Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Lovely blog!
    www.recipesup.com
    www.cazarecetas.com

    Kinds Regards

    ReplyDelete