Wednesday 27 March 2013

Banana Cookies


I will admit I was a tad skeptical when I first came across this recipe. Surely bananas belong in cake and cake alone? (or bread…) Anyway they are pretty darn tasty and a great way to use up ripe bananas. I followed the original recipe my mum gave me, ground clove and all, but I HATE clove with a fiery passion so will definitely be leaving it out next time. Not that you can taste it particularly, but it’s a psychological thing. I just know that it’s in there. Also, because I’m clearly a complete spaz I totally forgot to put the egg in. It didn’t actually make a difference, except that they wouldn’t last as long, but that’s never really a problem around us lot.




Ingredients

8oz unsalted butter

8oz caster sugar

1 egg, room temp

3 medium ripe bananas

1tsp bicarbonate of soda

14oz self-raising flour

Pinch of salt

½tsp ground cinnamon

½tsp ground nutmeg

½ tsp ground cloves (if you’re weird)

6oz chocolate chips (or whatever you have)

Preheat the oven to 170°C.

Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy in a large mixing bowl.





Add the egg and beat until well combined. (This was where I had a mind block and just decided not to put the egg in…)

Mash the bananas with the bicarbonate into a separate jug and leave for 2 minutes.







Add the banana mixture to the mixing bowl. Don’t worry if the batter starts to look like it’s separating a little.



Sift in the flour, salt and spices and mix everything until combined.





Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.





Spoon large blobs of mixture reasonably well spaced apart onto a baking tray lined with parchment.




Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment