Monday 20 May 2013

Banana Ginger Cake


I stupidly bought bananas thinking that I would remember to eat them before they became too ripe, so obviously that is exactly what happened. To be fair, it’s no bad thing, because then you get to make cake. My mum always used to make this for us, I think as a ploy to make us eat more bananas, so it’s a happy-memory cake for me. I’ve drizzled (I’m taking liberties with the word ‘drizzled’ since it’s more like poured) the cake with some lemon icing, but it’s just as nice without.



Ingredients
3 ½ oz butter
2tbps golden syrup
2 ½ oz caster sugar
2 ½ oz brown sugar
1 egg
3-4 bananas, mashed
8oz self-raising flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tsps ground ginger
1tbsp milk


Heat the oven to 160⁰C and grease/line whatever cake tin you’re using. I went for the silicone one my aunty gave me for Christmas.


In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugars and golden syrup together.





Add the egg and beat again.




Beat in the mashed banana.






Sift in the dry ingredients and finally add the milk and fold everything together until well combined.




Pour into the tin and bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer when inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.



If you want to decorate it then mix together the juice of half a lemon with a bowlful of icing sugar and drizzle/pour over the cake.




P.S. Sorry I’ve hardly blogged anything in ages. At the moment my free time is generally taken up by being drunk/having lunch with my friends who are leaving soon. I promise to do more when all my friends have left and I’m sad and alone and only have cake in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment