Saturday 29 March 2014

Lemon Cream Cake


It’s been a big time of change in my life; starting a full-time honest to god job in London where they pay me for instance, among gallivanting off to Rome and Paris (my life is not as glamorous as it sounds). If there’s one constant in my house however, no matter what’s going on, it’s cake. It has been a while since I’ve had time to blog, but here’s the cake I made for my mumma’s birthday. And for any of my fellow graduates still out there trying to make it happen- keep going, all the hard work pays off in the end.

Ingredients
350g butter
350g caster sugar
300g self-raising flour
6 eggs
50g cornflour
3tsps baking powder
2 lemons, zest and juice
1 orange, zest
Lemon curd
300ml double cream
200g icing sugar


Preheat the oven to 180⁰C and line three 20cm cake tins.


Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.



Add the lemon and orange zest and juice of 2 lemons.


Add the eggs one at a time with a spoonful of the flour until fully combined.



Sift the remaining flour, cornflour and baking powder.



Divide the mixture into three and pour into the tins, levelling the surface.


Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack.


In my opinion the icing sugar made the cream filling too sweet and it would have been nicer with just simple whipped cream, but if you want to follow the recipe then lightly whip the cream, adding a spoonful of icing sugar as you go until fully combined.




Stack the cakes onto a plate or stand, and spread lemon curd and the whipped cream between every layer. Sift icing sugar liberally on top. 








Disclaimer: not for those on a diet!


1 comment:




  1. Hello, my name is Miss faith, I'm from USA. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is genuine and real. I never really believed in any of these things but when I was losing Garvin, I needed help and somewhere to turn badly. I found consultant.odia spells and i ordered a LOVE SPELL. Several days later, my phone rang. Garvin was his old self again and wanted to come back to me! Not only come back, the spell caster opened him up to how much I loved and needed him. Spell Casting isn't brainwashing, but they opened his eyes to how much we have to share together. I recommend anyone who is in my old situation to try it. It will bring you a wonderful surprises as well as your lover back to you. The way things were meant to be." you can contact the spell caster on ogbonispelitemple@hotmail.com he's very nice and great.

    ReplyDelete