Saturday 21 April 2012

Chocolate Apple Cake


I absolutely love this cake! It reminds me of birthday parties and family coming to stay the weekend. Unfortunately, you really do need a food processor to make it so I had to wait until I was home for Easter to borrow my mum’s Magimix! It’s worth it though because the apple gives the sponge a really moist consistency (hate hate hate the word moist by the way).
Ingredients
185g butter
1 ¼ cup castor sugar
3 eggs
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup water
2 apples, peeled and quartered
2 cups self-raising flour
Line a 23cm square tin with baking parchment. (I used foil so it was easier to carry on a train!)Preheat the oven to 170C/ Gas Mark 4.
Combine the dry ingredients:  flour, sugar, cocoa, apple, bicarbonate of soda and butter in the food processor.




Then add the eggs and water and blend all ingredients until the mixture is smooth.


Pour into your prepared tin and bake for an hour. Cool on a wire rack.



Normally, I decorate this cake with chocolate butter icing and sprinkles.


 
However, I made this cake especially for my friend James’s 21st so I made some vanilla buttercream and used a piping bag to personalise the cake.


We’d had a few cocktails and several glasses of Champagne by the time we tried some of the cake but I think everyone enjoyed it!

Happy Birthday James :D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment