Sunday 22 April 2012

Crunchy Crusted Ricotta Scone



This is another guest recipe from my mum, and my last post at home because I’m going back to Portsmouth today! I apologise in advance that I doubt I’ll have time to post any new recipes in the next three weeks as it’s dreaded deadline time again…then again, I am prone to a bit of procrasibaking (Jenna’s word meaning procrastination baking- pretty much sums up my life) so you never know!


My mum loves this recipe. She says to serve it with lemon curd and cream!

Ingredients

175g Ricotta

100g Golden caster sugar

200g Self-Raising flour

50g Butter

1-2 Tablespoons of milk + extra for brushing

1 Tablespoon Demerara sugar

Finely grated zest of 1 orange

Preheat the oven to 200⁰C/ Gas Mark 6. Grease a baking tray and lightly dust with flour.

Sift the flour and half of the sugar into a large mixing bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour mixture.


Mix the ricotta, orange zest and the other half of the sugar in a smaller bowl or jug.

Combine the two mixtures, adding 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed to form a soft, but not sticky, dough.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly.

Roll or press into a circle around 4cm thick and place on the baking sheet.

Use a sharp knife to score the scone into 8 wedges. Brush it with milk and sprinkle with the Demerara sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

That’s all for now lovelies! Have a wonderful, hopefully sunny, May and remember that all baked goods taste best served with a big cup of tea : )



No comments:

Post a Comment