Friday 8 June 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies


My dad is always banging on about peanut butter being a good source of protein/good for his diet/blahblahblah so I thought I’d use it in some baking so he has no excuse but to eat it! You’ll see from the ingredients that I used wholemeal self-raising flour and wholenut peanut butter but this was purely to please the rents, so go ahead and use normal flour and peanut butter if you like.
Ingredients
100g butter
100g peanut butter (smooth, crunchy, wholenut, whatevs)
60g Demerara sugar
60g caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
100g wholemeal self-raising flour
20g salted peanuts
40g milk chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170C/gas mark 4. Line 1-2 baking trays with baking parchment. This mixture makes around 10 large cookies or 20 smaller ones but whatever you do, adjust baking time accordingly!
Cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter with a wooden spoon in a large mixing bowl.



Sift the flour and gradually add the beaten egg to form a sticky dough.



Mix in the peanuts and chocolate chips. Spoon blobs onto the prepared trays, leaving plenty of room for spreading.



Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave the cookies a few minutes to harden before transferring to a wire rack to cool.


I really love these cookies, but then I’m the kind of girl that adds minstrels to my salted popcorn at the cinema, so I would! When I’m out of the diet-mad house I’m definitely going to try these again with normal flour and crunchy peanut butter to see what difference it makes.



No comments:

Post a Comment